...........
A female suicide bomber riding on a commercial tricycle had detonated some explosives on her body at a crowded grocery market where early rising petty traders go to make wholesale purchase of vegetables in Maiduguri, capital of Borno state, security sources and witnesses said.
A thunderous blast that occurred at about 6:30am resonated all over the town of Maiduguri.
Eyewitnesses said the blast occurred near the entrance of Gamboru Market where operatives of commercial tricycles park to pick passengers that go to buy different kinds of fresh vegetables brought in by local farmers for onward sales in their different stalls.
“The woman was said to have come on a motorcycle like every other person who come very early in the morning to make purchases here does.”, said Bukar Shettima, a trader in the market.
As the Keke Napep (tricycle) was parking near others that were already parked, the bomb went off killing the suicide bomber, the driver and many others that were around. I lost my balance due to the impact of the reverberating blast; but thank God I was not too close. But I saw nauseating corpses and battered bodies of humans littering the ground as I joined other people to escape the area”, said Shettima.
.....................

Post a Comment